As a responsible corporate citizen, Tour Blue understands the importance of taking responsibility for its operational impact on the environment and communities around the country. It makes both ethical and business sense to move forward with sustainable practices which will protect and enhance both the industry and country we love.
Respect for the environment
- We use hybrid or electric vehicles in more than 90% of our tours.
- All our marketing material adhere to bio degradable standards
- We have significantly reduced the use of fresh paper, while recycling and reusing at every opportunity.
- We promote eco friendly resorts in our itineraries as “responsible choices”.
- We Promote and recommend suppliers who invest, hire, and purchase in their local communities.
- A multi lingual, multi-national, and multi ethnic team from diverse backgrounds.
- An exceptional gender ratio close to 50-50.
- A path to grow and improve for every team member, both personally and professionally.
- We strongly discourage attractions which do not abide by proper standards in caring for animals. E.g. elephant back rides
- Lesser known national parks are promoted, in order to reduce the impact on the animal population through overcrowding.
A helping hand
- Tour Blue responds within its capacity during times of natural disasters and national emergencies to supply aid for communities affected.
- The team organizes an annual donation of school supplies for less fortunate community schools in rural Sri Lanka for the new academic term beginning in January collaborating with The Voice foundation.